CEDAR is a specialized center for young people (ages 12-35)* who are experiencing new or worsening symptoms that may be warning signs for psychosis. These can include:
- Difficulties thinking clearly or concentrating
- Suspiciousness or uneasiness with others
- Increased sensitivity to sights or sounds
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Unusual and/or intense beliefs
- Seeing, hearing, or smelling things that others don't
- Unusual behavior or appearance
- Vague or unusual speech
- Worsening school and/or work performance
Because CEDAR programs are specialized, our staff will speak with all new referrals to screen for eligibility. If you are not eligible, we will help direct you to other services that may be a better fit.
Those who have already received a clear diagnosis of a psychotic illness such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder may be a better fit for a program that specializes in treating first episode psychosis.
* The clinic serves young people ages 14-30.
What Happens When You Call Us? >
Insurance and Fees: For those eligible for services, the CEDAR program is open to all regardless of economic means. A sliding scale assures that no young person or family will be charged more than they can afford. Although health insurance may be billed if there is coverage, treatment does not depend on the decisions of insurance companies.